Saturday, November 22, 2008

More suggestions

Kaiji - Okay, it's time to come clean. It's not that I dislike Kaiji. It's inferior to Akagi but it's not a bad show. It's just so very frustrating to watch. Before Kaiji makes a single move he has to spend 10 minutes explaining everything to one of the grunts or to himself, only to have somebody mess things up, every single episode. This is AFTER Tonegawa has spent 15 minutes prattling on, of course. And then there's all that unseemly crying, it's sickening to watch. I've seen less crying in a soap opera, okay? And for all the money on the line there's still more suspense in 5 seconds of Akagi than there is in 20 minutes of Kaiji. I mean, don't you even WANT Kaiji to fail? He got himself into those situations, he can bloody well get himself out of it. Carbuncle on the backside of humanity and all that. AND WTF IS WITH THAT ENDING!?!?

In summary, I'm not going to do it. Sorry to disappoint the fans.

Kitsune no Yomeiri - Based on just one chapter I like the main character and I'd like to see what happens next. The story is straight from Seto no Hanayome, but more coherent. However since it's such a new manga the only scans available are likely to be magazine scans, which I absolutely don't want to handle. Let me know when volume 1 raws are available and I'll take another look at it.

G Senjou Heaven's Door - At first I thought I would do it because there's only a few chapters left and the raws are available... but then I actually read it. I don't like it in the least. I couldn't make it past chapter 2. Maybe it gets interesting later on, but I couldn't work up the urge to read more.

Takaya - It's terrible. It's seriously terrible. Wow. I liked the one-shot, though.

Adesugata Junjou Boy - I haven't found any raws to check this out yet. In my experience gender bending and crossdressing series start out funny and go straight down the drain. But I'll hold off judgment till I can actually read it.

Chousekitan Maze Bakunetsu Jikuu - There's a Maze manga, really? When I find raws I'll check it out.